Infertility issues have increased dramatically over the past 20 years, with more women looking for natural solutions or help alongside IVF, I’m seeing more women in my Homeopathy Clinic.
Nutrition Boosting Fertility
Most women are aware that a healthy diet is vital for a successful pregnancy and a healthy baby, however many couples are unaware that diet can help to correct hormone imbalances that may cause infertility and affects the ability to conceive naturally.
- Reduce caffeine – having 4 cups of coffee per day or caffeinated drink makes it 26% less likely for a woman to conceive and can be associated with miscarriage risks. Sperm health can also be connected to increased coffee intake.
- Reduce dairy products
- Avoid additives, preservatives and chemicals, fizzy drinks and artificial sweeteners
- Ideally organic foods where possible
- Complex carbohydrates – brown rice, oats, wholemeal bread
- You need to includesPlenty of fruit and vegetables
- Good fats and oils – fish, nuts, seeds, olive oil, avocados
- Increase fibre
- Avoid sugar including hidden sugars in food
- Protein – Swapping animal protein for more vegetable protein can help women who aren’t ovulating due to problems like PCOS.
- Reduce Alcohol – It’s more difficult to get pregnant with just 3 alcoholic drinks per week. Alcohol can also lower men’s sperm count and can block the body’s ability to absorb zinc which is important to boost fertility.
- Men – avoiding hot baths and tight underpants as sperm production takes place at 32c which is lower than body temperature. Also driving for long periods of time can heat up the sperm and reduce the count. Avoid using laptops on their laps as this may affect sperm health.
- Quite Smoking – A woman is twice as likely to get pregnant if she doesn’t smoke, it also reduces miscarriage risk. Smoking and tobacco can also affect sperm count and motility.
- Getting the body to a healthy weight, losing weight where necessary can help couples to conceive.
Fertility Boosting Supplements
Well known in pregnancy for helping to prevent spina bifida, but it’s also part of the B-complex family that are necessary to produce genetic materials DNA and RNA
Zinc is an essential component of genetic material and a deficiency in zinc can cause chromosome changes in men and women, leading to reduced fertility and increased risk of miscarriage. Zinc is needed to make the outer layer of the sperm and therefore essential for men to increase in their diet. In a study men who were subfertile were given zinc and folic acid and increased sperm count by 74%.
A powerful antioxidant shown to increase fertility in men and women. In women over the age of 35 both vitamin E and C have been shown to help reduce age related ovulation decline.
Women taking vitamin C during IVF have significantly increased their success rate.
This antioxidant helps to protect the body from highly reactive chemical fragments, free radicals. It can help to prevent chromosome breakage which can lead to birth defects and miscarriages. Selenium also helps to maximise sperm formation.
The amino acid L’arganine and L’carnitine are helpful in male fertility. L’arganine is essential for healthy sperm production and protects them against oxidative damage. The supplement Proargi9 is the only L’arganine supplement listed in the US Physicians’ Desk Reference Guide and shown to be the highest quality L’arganine supplement in the world. You can buy it here …..
Omega 3 Fatty Acids
These fatty acids are beneficial for both male and female fertility. Sometimes immune issues affect the ability for women to get or stay pregnant. Research has shown that women taking fish oils were more successful in their pregnancies. Omega 3 fatty acids are also important for male fertility, men with poor sperm quality, abnormal sperm, poor motility or low sperm count have shown significant improvement when taking Omega 3s.
This helps to balance the immune system, helping in getting and staying pregnant. Scientists have discovered that deliberately making mice deficient in vitamin D they can actually make the mice infertile! It helps male fertility too.
What Supplements do I recommend
Omegas 3,6,9 Rich in Omega 3, 6 and 9 flax seed oil contains nearly twice as much Omega-3 EFA’s as fish oil products. Click here to order http://vitalremedy.eu.nspshop.com/flax_seed_oil_(60)
Proargi-9 This all round supplement contains L’arganine, L’citruline, Vitamins C, D, B6, B12, K and Folic Acid . Click here to order – Money Back Guarantee on 3 month supply https://www.vitalremedy.co.uk/supplements/proargi-9/
Prenatal Supplements Formulated for preconception, pregnancy and nursing, with 800mcg of Folic acid, Nature’s Prenatal provides a balanced combination of vitamins and minerals to support the nutritional needs of both mother and baby – Click here to order http://vitalremedy.eu.nspshop.com/natures_prenatal_(120)
For best results nutritional supplements need to be taken for 3-4 months prior to conception, contact me for a 3 month programme.
Homeopathy for Infertility
Homeopathic remedies for infertility are specific to the individual clients needs. Remedies that may help include Aurum, Sepia, Silica, Sycamore Seed and Nat Mur. Often combinations and a Homeopathic programme of remedies works well to detox the system from hormonal pills or emotional traumas. You will need to book a minimum of 3 appointments in order to receive the full fertility remedies. To book your consultation call me on 07942 868118.
If you’re struggling with infertility or hormonal imbalance or suffering with emotional issues around pregnancy and would like help, get in touch.
Love Catt x
Ps. Join my Facebook page for daily tips https://www.facebook.com/vitalremedy/
For Hormone tips and menopause tips https://www.facebook.com/thehormonefairy
I’m Catriona Armor founder of Vital Remedy & The Hormone Fairy Programme, a registered Homeopath & Health Coach, Reiki and Crystal Practitioner, practicing in the Milton Keynes, Leighton Buzzard, Bedford and Aylesbury area, and across the UK via Skype.
My passion is helping and inspiring others, in particular women, to make the changes they need to feel healthier, more grounded, excited and confident about their lives. I specialise in Hormonal health, Pregnancy, Menopause, Anxiety & Depression.
If you’ve been struggling with your health and wellbeing and feel that now is the perfect time for you to make some changes then I would love to help you!